Virgin Unite is the entrepreneurial foundation of the Virgin Group and the Branson family. We started Virgin Unite with the aim of bringing people together to encourage them never to accept the unacceptable, to turn challenges into opportunities and to always push boundaries that make both business and the world better.
The role will manage the incubation of new entities, collaborations and movements at Virgin Unite to deliver entrepreneurial solutions to the unacceptable issues we want to change for good.
- Lead the incubation of new initiatives through the phases of development and co-creation, launch and start-up, including managing performance against timelines, budgets, resources, funding requirements, branding/communications (in liaison with the Brand Team). This may include development and delivery of private meetings, gatherings and large scale events.
- Develop strategic proposals, including business plans, for the incubation and growth of initiatives to ensure their long term success for consideration by Branson Family, Trustees and Senior Leadership of Virgin Management.
- Develop and manage relationships with a wide array of stakeholders, experts, funders and partners. To include proactively identifying and building relationships with partners who can contribute to the long term success of new initiatives by providing funding or other expertise
- Management of reporting of performance of initiatives against objectives, budget and impact framework to key stakeholders.
- Development and management of Unite’s ‘Programme Management Office’ to ensure efficient project management.
- Develop compelling presentations, briefing papers, research notes, reports and talking points for internal and external audiences.
- As required manage due diligence and preparation of investment papers for Investment Committee and poste investment process, including negotiation and execution of grant agreements.
- As required to best manage our initiatives, projects, programmes and investments, act as a Board Member, Advisory Member or other governance role.
- Lead a small team to design, deliver and measure Virgin Management’s communities (employee volunteering) strategy
Skills and Experience Required
- Significant entrepreneurial experience, especially during ideation and start-up phases, with a focus on social and environmental ventures.
- Extensive experience in developing business plans, including income/revenue generation, and successfully executing / operationalising plans
- Strong track record of partnership building, including fundraising
- Extensive experience in roles that requires multi-disciplinary strategic thinking
- Experience in operating capacity within a global organization preferred, ideally having had both commercial and sustainable / impact experience
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate as a team player and work with people at all levels
- Excel in a high-energy environment and utilise strong organisational skills when faced with managing multiple projects with a willingness to "roll-up sleeves"
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and project management skills required
- Must be solutions-oriented with evidence of problem solving grounded in every aspect of operations
- Strong listener, willing to learn from other and embrace different perspectives
- Thrives when working with high levels of ambiguity, highly responsive, fast paced and proactive with a flexible approach
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly persuasive with the ability to bring together and lead teams
- Able to multi task, handle pressure, some spontaneous demands of travel and therefore a great sense of humour!
This role can be based in London or New York.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are the right candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered as they come in until the role is filled.