Opportunity favours the bold – this is a lesson that I learned early on, and have used to guide the Virgin story. If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later!
The right opportunity could change your life for the better; to ensure it doesn’t pass you by, read my top 10 quotes on opportunity:
10. "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." – Albert Einstein
9. "You can’t outwit fate by standing on the sidelines placing little side bets about the outcome of life… if you don’t play you can’t win." – Judith McNaught
8. "Teachers open the doors, but you must enter by yourself.” – Chinese Proverb
7. "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill
6. "Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage." – Victor Kiam
5. "I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity." – Oprah Winfrey
4. "How much I missed, simply because I was afraid of missing it." – Paulo Coelho
3. "To dream by night is to escape your life. To dream by day is to make it happen." – Stephen Richards
2. "The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity." – Peter Drucker
1. “There are no mistakes, only opportunities." – Tina Fey
If you're like yours truly and want to grab at every opportunity that comes your way, repeat after me: The answer is yes, now what was the question?
When have you seized an opportunity that changed your life?
Read more from this series: