I’ve never really understood why so many people separate work and play – it’s all living. We should be able to have fun at work and bring out the best in each other.
Don’t be afraid to smile and talk to each other, instead of about each other. It’s amazing what we can achieve and the fun we can have when we’re all on the same team.
Entrepreneur (and dancer) Payal Kadakia is guest editing Virgin.com for our new Spotlight campaign, curating content that inspires her around the theme of how to make play everyday.
On this subject, I have put together my top ten quotes to give you some playful inspiration.
Necker Cup 2014-Necker Fun-0407.jpg
10. “Because no matter what happens each day, I go to bed thinking of something cheerful. Try it.” – Sheryl Sandberg
9. “I did it for the buzz. I did it for the pure joy of the thing. And if you can do it for the joy, you can do it forever.”- Stephen King
8. “Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game." - Michael Jordan
7. “When you are having fun and creating something you love, it shows in the product” – Tom Ford
6. “Paul and I, we never thought that we would make much money out of the thing. We just loved writing software.”- Bill Gates
5. “I was bored one day, so my dad took me to this acting school. I liked it more than having fun - I liked it for an actual job.” – Millie Bobby Brown
Richard tea laugh
4. “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” – Plato
3. “The question you should be asking isn’t, “What do I want?” or “What are my goals?” but “What would excite me?” – Tim Ferriss
2. “There comes a time when you ought to start doing what you want. Take a job that you love. You will jump out of bed in the morning.” – Warren Buffett
1. “I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” - Steve Jobs
See more from this series: