Heading to Tel Aviv with Virgin Atlantic? Enjoy a taste of Israel before you land thanks to the airline’s partnership with London-based Israeli restaurant The Good Egg.
The first Virgin Atlantic flight to Tel Aviv takes off from London Heathrow on September 25th and customers can enjoy locally inspired cuisine created by The Good Egg. With locations in Soho and Stoke Newington, The Good Egg will be bringing a selection of specially created dishes to the Virgin Atlantic Heathrow Clubhouse, as well as on board in Upper Class and Premium.
Dishes that customers can enjoy in the London Heathrow Clubhouse include:
- Shakshuka – The Good Egg’s signature dish of eggs baked with tomatoes, sweet peppers and spices and served with preserved lemon yoghurt and sourdough.
- Grain Bowl – a nourishing dish of chilli and lemon dressed buckwheat, golden tahini, kale, raw and roasted beets, pickled cauliflower and soft-boiled egg.
- ZFC Burger – crispy chicken thighs brined overnight in buttermilk and chilli, za’atar-seasoned and deep fried, inside a brioche bun with kraut, pickles and filfel mayo,served with spiced fries and zhoug.
Customers flying in Upper Class can choose from:
- Labneh – a staple in the Middle East. Greek yoghurt salted and strained overnight served with pumpkin seeds, preserved lemon, chilli relish and pita bread.
- Lamb Shawarma – slow-cooked, tender lamb, served with mujadarra rice, mixed pickles and zhoug.
- Buttermilk Malabi – a traditional milk pudding with rose and cardamom syrup, green pistachio and tahini cookies.
- Babka Pudding – The Good Egg’s famous babka, torn and steeped in custard then baked and served with honey labneh, date syrup and pistachio brittle.
In Premium, customers can opt for cod in chraimeh sauce with green chilli relish and spiced couscous.
“At Virgin Atlantic we always like to do things differently and launching this new service to Israel gave us the opportunity to really look at our onboard service and see how we can tailor it to the destination’s fascinating culture,” Daniel Kerzner, vice president, customer experience at Virgin Atlantic said. “Working with The Good Egg is a real step change for us and we can’t wait to introduce their award winning cuisine to our customers.”
Juliette O’Sullivan, group head chef at The Good Egg, added: “The food we serve in our restaurants takes huge inspiration from the Tel Aviv food scene, so to be able to give Virgin Atlantic customers a taste of The Good Egg while they’re on their flight to this amazing city is really exciting. We’re thrilled to know that more people will be able to discover the incredible things that Tel Aviv has to offer.”
Virgin Atlantic will also add Hebrew subtitles to the inflight entertainment, as well as all inflight announcements taking place in both Hebrew and English. Workshops will be run for cabin crew, contact centre employees and Virgin Atlantic’s airport teams to learn more about this fascinating destination and to immerse them in the rich culture of Israel and the Middle East. Book your flight to Tel Aviv now and visit Virgin Atlantic to find out more.