Virgin Unite is the entrepreneurial foundation of the Virgin Group and the Branson family. We started Virgin Unite with the aim of bringing people together to encourage them never to accept the unacceptable, to turn challenges into opportunities and to always push boundaries that make both business and the world better.
Our overheads are covered by Richard Branson and the Virgin Group, meaning that 100% of all donations received go directly to initiatives we create or support.
Our goal is to unite people and entrepreneurial ideas to create opportunities for a better world. There are so many challenges facing the world today, but we believe that by bringing the right people together and taking an entrepreneurial approach, we can create positive change
OUR WORK IS DIVIDED INTO FOUR AREAS:
1. Changing business for good - We believe business can be a driving force for social, environmental and economic benefit.
2. Market solutions to address climate change and conserve our natural resources – We believe businesses have a big part to play in creating opportunities from the challenges we face.
3. The power of entrepreneurs - We help early stage entrepreneurs build credible business plans for growth that have a positive impact in the world.
4. Human dignity - We work to protect every human’s basic rights and freedoms through shining a spotlight on issues that we feel are unacceptable.
We know we can’t change the world on our own, so we bring together entrepreneurs, philanthropists and inspirational leaders – then we collaborate for good. We want to form a powerful global community that are able to drive change.
The Community Events Manager will bring expertise, event experience, and imagination to create an event strategy that fosters human connection and drives impact for people and the planet. Our events will collectively create a member experience unlike any other. This role will join our team based in our New York office.
The Events Manager is master of logistics, meticulous with detail, knows how to dream big and bring joy into every opportunity. Core responsibilities include creating the annual events strategy, designing single and multi-day events that stoke inspiration and create impact, oversee event execution and logistics, ensure events engage our members to the fullest, and contribute to driving impact and fundraising.
The Events Manager will be in charge of every element of events from concept design and strategy to marketing and logistics. Events will be held in locations around the world with adventure, community building, and moving the needle on charitable causes at the heart. There is no idea too big and no concept off the table. Strong communication and relationship-building skills with high profile individuals are key. The Community Events Manager will report to the Director of Community.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Create annual event strategy for our members that achieves impact targets, fosters human connection, and delivers diverse and engaging member experience year-on-year
- Design event flows and content, weaving messaging and potential for impact into all elements of an event. Inspire attendees with the possibility to change the world. Work with the team to create direct ways to take action
- Produce events from start to finish, designing high-level concepts, narrative and flow, selecting venues, executing event-related administration, budgeting, vendor agreements, and outcome measurement
- Develop and pilot new experiences with the Virgin Unite community, adapting designs based on learnings
- Coordinate logistics and manage participation for VIP speakers and influencers
- Create materials for the promotion, sales, and execution of the event, ensuring strong and consistent messaging, and content that maximizes our ability to inspire impact
- Oversee community members in producing their own events, ensuring brand and values alignment as well as outcome measurement
- Set a solid agenda for every event, ensuring events and multi-day experiences are fluid, organized, and joyful. Scout venues and scope seamless travel routes.
- Create and manage event budgets, overseeing costs and spending effectively, reconciling budgets, and payments. Manage contracts, guest due diligence, compliance, and payment/donations flows
- Capture and share all event/trip impact outcomes with internal and external partners. Maintain updated CRM records
- Streamline internal processes, continuously looking for efficiencies and ways to innovate
Partners and Opportunities:
- Manage senior-level relationships with partner organizations, co-producing events and maximizing opportunity to work together. Recruit new partner organizations from your network
- Develop and maintain pipeline of values-aligned event sponsors, including executing sponsorship agreements and managing senior relationships and logistics
- Identify member opportunities that surface at events, liaise with Member Engagement Manager to follow-up, ensuring promised funds and in-kind support are delivered to our non-profit partners
- Cultivate and utilize a pipeline for in-kind donations of event venues and other support. Generate fundraising and marketing opportunities through partner-led trips and external events
Skills & Experience:
- Ideally 7+ years of experience designing and producing themed events with structured outcomes, experience creating community is a bonus
- Awareness of brand and ability to construct messages and materials that inspire member behavior to meet set objectives
- Budget management experience
- Strong relationship builder with influencers, senior officials, and executives
- Ability to multitask/run multiple projects simultaneously, excellent attention to detail
- Established network of vendors and sponsors is a bonus
- Self-starter driven to create a better world
This role profile is not extensive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Virgin Management embraces diversity. We believe in creating an inclusive environment and it’s an essential part of our culture. We’re committed to implementing our Diversity Policy and we expect all of our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect. We want to nurture a culture where diverse perspectives can help drive our company change business for good.
We strive to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or affiliation to any political party or trade union. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value each of our employees for the contribution they make, both individually, and as part of the Virgin family.