For almost fifty years Virgin has been championing consumers by disrupting business around the world. Spanning numerous sectors, our companies are united by a desire to challenge convention, delivering feel good experiences that you will want to be part of.
We are also united by our ambition, to play a meaningful role in people’s lives. As Richard says “If you aren’t making a difference in other people’s lives, you shouldn’t be in business”. We strive for this ambition by being purpose driven, with each of our companies changing business for good in their own way.
While it’s hard to “bottle” what makes the brand uniquely Virgin, we can be sure of the values which we all hold dear, and help us to continue our growth in a distinctly Virgin way. They are:
The Virgin Group focuses on the following core consumer sectors of :
Health and Wellness
Telecomms and Media
Travel and Leisure
We are a family of businesses with a shared brand. The companies are run independently and often have different shareholders and boards. As Virgin grows around the globe, the Group needs to ensure that the new businesses created, operate from the start with a strong emphasis on Brand, People and responsible business practices.
Virgin Management is the home of Virgin. It supports the Branson family and the growth of the Virgin brand by developing and nurturing valuable Virgin businesses around the world. The team has offices in London and New York and covers many facets of business including investment, legal, finance, tax, human resources, marketing and corporate relations. It also works alongside Virgin Unite, the charitable foundation of the Virgin Group and alongside Virgin Enterprises which licences the ‘Virgin’ brand.
Working very closely with the Group Purpose and People Experience Director to support the delivery and evolution of the Virgin Group Purpose and People Experience strategies, that focus on commercial, high impact, value-add initiatives which benefit both the Virgin Group and the individual Virgin Companies. Ensure that these strategies are future proof and differentiate the Virgin brand, positioning it as a relevant leading global force in purpose and people experience and increase brand equity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Scope out, design and deliver Group Purpose and People Experience initiatives, as agreed with the Group Purpose and People Experience Director, engaging with appropriate stakeholders to ensure they deliver commercial value, are relevant and futureproof, innovative and position the Virgin Brand as a global leader in purpose and people experience.
- Work closely with the Brand and Investments teams to ensure that purpose and people experience are key consideration in all new investments and businesses – via thorough due diligence, research and then purpose and people experience strategy development.
- Work closely with Virgin Enterprises Limited to ensure that purpose and people experience is on the agenda and embedded in TMLA negotiations.
- Work with senior stakeholders in Virgin businesses and support them to develop, evolve and embed their purpose and people experience strategies – provide ongoing advice, support and consultancy to the businesses.
- Facilitate sharing of best practice across the Group and broker networking between the Virgin Companies Purpose and People Experience teams.
- Design and deliver flagship initiatives and strategies e.g. Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion, and Future of Work Strategy.
- Work closely with colleagues in Brand, Content and ER teams to develop and deliver a high impact purpose and people experience communications strategy working closely with communications, editorial and content teams.
- Work in very close partnership with purpose, people experience and 100% Human at Work colleagues to ensure effective integration and coordination of strategies to maximise the overall impact of the team.
- Work in close partnership with all internal teams– Purpose, Brand, Investments and Communications teams on activities that relate to Virgin purpose people, leadership and culture.
- Work in close partnership with thePeople Operations team to ensure that we are demonstrating leadership to the Group on key strategies, initiatives and people innovation.
- Work closely with Group Purpose and People Experience Director and ER teams to anticipate, identify, mitigate and manage any purpose and people risks in the Group.
- Stay abreast of political, social, economic and digital and demographic developments that offer people opportunities and may increase purpose and people risks.
- Experienced strategic and commercial professional who has worked in diverse business areas, ideally with some experience of a global organisation.
- Experience of designing and delivering strategies – which cover leadership, people experience, purpose and culture change.
- Demonstrable experience at successfully balancing and managing multiple complex priorities and initiatives.
- Exceptional stakeholder management experience with the ability to articulate vision into commercial reality and influence senior leadership teams.
- Experience of being highly analytical and creative in previous roles.
- Experience of supporting start-up businesses to develop strategies from launch.
- Experience of project management, account management and relationship management.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills – ability to build and cultivate collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders across the Virgin Group.
- Ability to articulate proposals clearly and compellingly and excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strategic approach and highly analytical – able to see the bigger picture, but never neglect the detail.
- Ability to identify opportunities to innovate based on emerging trends.
- Proactively challenge the status quo – ensuring that the CBFG strategy continues to protect, evolve and differentiate the Virgin brand.
- Fully CIPD qualified (or equivalent).
- Highly organised and strong project management skills, capable of managing multiple complex projects.
- Act as an ambassador for the Virgin culture.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virgin Management embraces diversity. We believe in creating an inclusive environment and it’s an essential part of our culture. We’re committed to implementing our Diversity Policy and we expect all of our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect. We want to nurture a culture where diverse perspectives can help drive our company change business for good.
We strive to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or affiliation to any political party or trade union. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value each of our employees for the contribution they make, both individually, and as part of the Virgin family.