There's one week left to apply to the German Energy Agency-powered Start Up Energy Transition Award 2018!
Are you working in an amazing clean energy start-up? Are you friends with some sustainable energy entrepreneurs that deserve some more recognition and a boost? Good news! There’s still one week left to apply to the Sustainable Energy Transition Award 2018!
More and more start-ups are united in a common purpose: making energy cleaner, more sustainable, and accessible to all. However, being a start-up isn’t easy in any industry. In sustainable energy, startups have an enormously tough journey ahead, to a profoundly necessary destination. This is why the German Energy Agency-powered Startup Energy Transition (SET) Award is entering into its second year.
Powered by the German Energy Agency (dena) in cooperation with the World Energy Council, the SET Award is an international competition for start-ups and young companies worldwide who are helping to meet the global energy transition and address climate change.
The award, and an accompanying Tech Festival in in Berlin, brings together start-ups, international energy businesses, investors, and partners in the public sector, to showcase and highlight some of the most exciting and inspiring energy start-ups from around the world.
There are six categories to choose from reflecting the critical issues facing innovation, and the need for the energy transition globally:
- Low-Carbon Energy Production: startups that push the envelope by designing game-changing technologies which move us further away from carbon-reliant energy.
- Intelligent Grids, Platforms & Cyber Security: startups which hold the key to balancing the grid, reducing physical and virtual distances and creating new marketplaces.
- Energy Efficiency, Smart Devices & Storage: startups who hold the right technologies that allow us to bridge the gap between accessible storage, and harnessing fluctuating energy generation levels. They invite all entrepreneurs to show them their smart meters, blockchain-based solutions for energy efficiency and storage, life-cycle assessment software, machine- learning technologies and more.
- Innovative Mobility: startups who have the best charging infrastructure, alternative fuels, or innovative battery systems. Whether in urban or rural regions, an organisation that is able to unlock the potential of this market and make clean transportation the new normal for individuals and companies.
- Energy, Water, and Food: startups that are able to provide innovative solutions to minimize water use for energy, and mitigate competition between the energy, water and food agendas.
- Special Prize: SDG-7: UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 7 is all about ‘ensuring access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all’. Looking for startups with diverse solutions for technology, financing, awareness, capacity building (to name a few), that can reach far and wide, have a very clear social drive and most of all, will make a large impact.
Contribute to the fight against climate change, get connected to international policymakers and investors in Berlin, and go that extra mile!
Apply by January 31st, 2018 at www.startup-energy-transition.com