This International Women's Day the team from Walk Together are shining a light on stories from across the globe that are tipping the scales towards #JusticeForAll women.
These inspirational stories – Sparks of Hope – highlight how women are harnessing their power and working to emancipate women from all forms of oppression.
We ask you to #WalkTogether with us this International Women's Day – to choose a Spark of Hope, and to share their message with your friends and favourites. Together let’s unite and help make access to justice a reality for all women.
Here are three easy steps you can follow to get involved:
- Choose a Spark of Hope to #WalkTogether with
- Download the image or your choice (and if you like, some supporting words)
- Share on social media with #WalkTogether #JusticeForAll and #IWD2018
Below is a selection of the Sparks of Hope organisations that are tipping the scales towards #JusticeForAll women - by harnessing the power of women as peacemakers, tackling domestic violence, ending child marriage and more.
- My Choices Foundation - Nearly 50 per cent of women in India experience violence in their own homes. Discover how this Spark of Hope is working with survivors, perpetrators and the police to tackle the abuse epidemic.
- Girls Not Brides - Every minute, 23 girls under 18 are married, robbing them of their future. Discover how this Spark of Hope is helping to end child marriage.
- MamaYe - Around 830 women die during pregnancy or childbirth every single day. Discover how this Spark of Hope is ensuring maternal and newborn survival becomes a greater priority in Nigeria.
- "The Awakening" - Honour killings result in death for an estimated 1,000 women in Pakistan every year. Discover how this Spark of Hope is putting the power of the law into the hands of women to stop this deadly practise.
Discover more incredible Sparks of Hope here.