I spend a lot of my time travelling and am always questioning whether there are quicker, more sustainable and efficient ways to get from A to B. Travel brings people closer, helps people explore and innovations really do have the potential to change our lives for good.
Our latest Spotlight Series on Virgin.com is all about Smarter Travel, which will explore efficient and sustainable innovations in the travel industry, along with efforts to encourage more human-powered travel.
Here are my top 10 quotes to help inspire your next adventure:
10. “You've got to dream a little bit if you're going to get somewhere” - George P. Shultz
9. “Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken.” - D. H. Lawrence
8. “One of the main points about travelling is to develop in us a feeling of solidarity, of that oneness without which no better world is possible.” - Ella Maillart
7. “The ultimate goal of a more effective and efficient life is to provide you with enough time to enjoy some of it.”- Michael LeBoeuf
6. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
5. “Since life is short and the world is wide, the sooner you start exploring it, the better.” - Simon Raven
4. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
3. “For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.” -Leonardo da Vinci
2. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” - John A. Shedd
1. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Read more from this series: