New technology and rapid innovation are constantly changing the way individuals work and businesses operate. In our latest Spotlight series on Virgin.com Harnessing Hyperconnectivity, we delve into how people are doing things differently in a hyperconnected world.
The pace of technological advancement is truly staggering and it’s incredible what we can achieve. It is now easier than ever to come together to share ideas, solve problems and create communities.
On this theme, I’ve put together my top ten quotes on harnessing hyperconnectivity to give you some inspiration:
10. “Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.” - Thomas Edison
9. One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. - Elbert Hubbard
8. “Any sufficiently advanced technology is equivalent to magic.” –Sir Arthur C. Clarke
7. “Technology is the campfire around which we tell our stories.” –Laurie Anderson
6. “The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do.” – B.F. Skinner
5. “Technology is anything that wasn’t around when you were born.” – Alan Kay
4. “You don't make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas.” - Shirley Chisholm
3. “The internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.” – Bill Gates
2. “When wireless is perfectly applied the whole earth will be converted into a huge brain.” – Nikola Tesla
1. "The internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn’t understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.” – Eric Schmidt
See more from this series: