February has been Happiness month on virgin.com, so we’ve been sharing a whole range of content celebrating the subject. To finish the month off, celebrate the launch of Virgin V Festival 2017, and encourage the happy times to continue all throughout the year, I’ve put together a playlist of feel-good songs.
Here’s my happiness playlist:
1. Don't Worry Be Happy – by Bobby McFerrin
2. Rather Be – by Clean Bandit
3. Summer Holiday – by Cliff Richard & The Shadows
4. Sussudio – by Phil Collins
5. Together Again – by Janet Jackson
6. All You Need Is Love – by The Beatles
7. Happy – by Pharrell Williams
8. There is a Happy Land – by David Bowie
9. Free – by Rudimental
10. Firework – by Katy Perry
11. Happy – by the Rolling Stones
12. The Man – by Aloe Blacc
13. In Your Eyes – by Peter Gabriel
14. Feel Good Inc – by Gorillaz
15. Don't Stop Me Now – by Queen
16. Raise Your Glass – by P!nk
17. December 1963 (Oh What a Night) – by Frankie Valli
18. House of Fun – by Madness
19. Get Lucky – by Daft Punk
20. Say Hey (I Love You) – by Michael Franti & Spearhead
Music has been huge influence in my life and career. We launched the Virgin brand in 1970 to sell cut-price records, under the name Virgin Mail Order, and the following year took the concept further by opening our first Virgin Records store.
Not content with just selling music we started Virgin Records the music label in 1973, complete with our own recording studio, The Manor. Then went global, as we launched Virgin Megastore. We still have stores across the world, and Virgin Records is still riding high in the charts today.
While my days are no longer dedicated to working within the industry, I’m still a huge music fan and take every opportunity I can to listen to my favourite songs. This is not the first playlist that I have created, check out the Soundtrack to my life.
What songs would make your happiness playlist? Tell me about them in the comments below and I’ll have a listen.