Do you love to be centre stage? Virgin Voyages is looking for best in class performers and personalities to join the crew for its inaugural season in 2020.
Along with their Creative Collective, who have been tasked with curating original and uniquely Virgin entertainment experiences, they’re launching a worldwide casting tour. In partnership with RWS Entertainment Group, the search for outstanding talent to star in the Creative Collective’s first run of original programming begins on March 27th in New York City, before travelling to Europe, Australia and back to the US.
“Just like our sister brands in the Virgin family, our diverse crew is what makes us great,” said Richard Kilman, vice president, entertainment for Virgin Voyages. “We don’t just want a performer, we want incredible people to join us and bring their true selves. Our Creative Collective will be attending auditions as well as directing rehearsals and installing our shows onboard Scarlet Lady, so these artists will have the opportunity to work with some of the best in the business.”
The Virgin Voyages Creative Collective responsible for entertainment comprises of: The 7 Fingers, Randy Weiner, Ani Taj and Sam Pinkleton, PigPen Theatre Co., Roslyn Hart and Alfredo Guenzani, and the SPARK Cooperative. And in another move away from cruise tradition, Virgin Voyages will replace the cruise director role with a cast of dynamic personalities. Instead, they’re looking for drag performers, artists, painters, fitness gurus, foodies and more to headline ‘Happenings’ around the ship.
The Virgin Voyages Creative Collective and RWS will be casting for the following original shows:
- A soon-to-be-announced production by award-winning producer Randy Weiner (Queen of the Night, The Donkey Show, Sleep No More)
- UNTITLED DANCESHOWPARTYTHING, Sam Pinkleton and Ani Taj’s hype music video disguised as an absurdist style dance party
- Phantom Folktales, a collection of song-driven micro plays created by PigPen Theatre Co. that seemingly appear out of thin air throughout the ship, and disappear just as quickly
- Ships in the Night, an emotion-filled contemporary experience telling its story with cutting-edge digital projection, interwoven with the authenticity of the human condition, made possible through collaboration with innovative circus company, The 7 Fingers
- Duel Reality, which examines the age-old tale of Romeo & Juliet with a modern twist featuring acrobatic storytelling, also from The 7 Fingers
- Never Sleep Alone, a participatory show featuring the hysterically funny, straight-talking relationship therapist, Dr Alex Shiller, by producers Roslyn Hart and Alfredo Guenzani
Virgin Voyages is looking for talent who can bring their personality and passion to the ship and its programming.
The audition tour will start in New York City on March 27th. The complete schedule is:
- March 27th - 29th: New York City
- April 2nd - 5th: London
- April 8th - 9th: Berlin
- April 12th - 13th: Sydney
- April 15th - 16th: Melbourne
- April 22nd - 23rd: Orlando
- April 25th - 26th: Chicago
- April 28th - May 1st: Las Vegas