Just found out you’ve got a place at the 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon? Congratulations! But what now?
If you want to make the most of this experience and perform at your peak, you need to get a ticket to Meet the Experts. The one-day event at Central Hall Westminster on February 8th will get you ready for the big day.
There’ll be talks and workshops on everything from the latest training tips to nutrition advice. You’ll hear from experts, including:
- Geoff Wightman – the former marathon runner who competed at the Commonwealth Games and European Championships will talk you through the steps to take and the pitfalls to avoid to make sure you have a great Race Day.
- Martin Yelling – the official Virgin Money London Marathon coach will offer helpful training tips, advice and reassurance to make sure you arrive at the Start Line feeling ready to take on your 26.2 mile challenge.
- Dr Rebecca Randell – sports scientist and nutrition specialist will offer top tips on what to eat before a run, how to speed up post-run recovery and perform at your full potential.
- Paul Hobrough – the author of Running Free of Injuries and The Runner’s Expert Guide to Stretching will provide helpful information on avoiding injury during training and how to treat common issues runners face.
- Haroon Mota – known as ‘the marathon man’, Mota is a fundraising expert who has raised thousands of pounds taking part in six Virgin Money London Marathons since 2012. Now, he works with groups and individuals coaching them to raise funds for good causes.
Tickets for Meet the Experts are just £20 and can be booked online. Be quick though, places are limited. For runners holding a charity entry to the 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon, entry is free. Details of how to register for your place are in your Virgin Money London Marathon confirmation email.
For all the latest news, visit Virgin Money London Marathon.