Virgin Unite is the entrepreneurial foundation of the Virgin Group and the Branson family. We started Virgin Unite with the aim of bringing people together to encourage them never to accept the unacceptable, to turn challenges into opportunities and to always push boundaries that make both business and the world better.
Our overheads are covered by Richard Branson and the Virgin Group, meaning that 100% of all donations received go directly to initiatives we create or support.
Our goal is to unite people and entrepreneurial ideas to create opportunities for a better world. There are so many challenges facing the world today, but we believe that by bringing the right people together and taking an entrepreneurial approach, we can create positive change.
Our work is divided into four areas:
Changing business for good - We believe business can be a driving force for social, environmental and economic benefit.
Market solutions to address climate change and conserve our natural resources – We believe businesses have a big part to play in creating opportunities from the challenges we face.
The power of entrepreneurs - We help early stage entrepreneurs build credible business plans for growth that have a positive impact in the world.
Human dignity - We work to protect every human’s basic rights and freedoms through shining a spotlight on issues that we feel are unacceptable.
We know we can’t change the world on our own, so we bring together entrepreneurs, philanthropists and inspirational leaders – then we collaborate for good. We want to form a powerful global community that are able to drive change.
Support the development and delivery of Virgin Unite’s purpose and strategy across the stages of discovery, innovation and incubation.
- Research and analyze new projects, initiatives, investments or issues identified or received by Virgin Unite to help determine alignment and suitability with our purpose and strategy.
- Develop and manage relationships with a wide array of stakeholders, experts, funders, grantees and partners. Support due diligence and preparation of investment papers for investment committee and post investment process, including execution and management of grant agreements.
- Development and delivery of private meetings, gatherings and large scale events to support initiatives, including administrative support as required
- Support on reporting of performance of projects, programmes and investments against objectives, budget and impact framework to key stakeholders.
- Develop compelling presentations, briefing papers, research notes, reports and talking points for internal and external audiences.
- Supporting Senior Business Managers and other team members in the delivery of projects.
Experience and Skills:
- An enthusiastic self-starter with 2-3 years of working experience
- A strong organizer who can prioritize work and juggle multiple things at once.
- Track record of project management and delivery to deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated with strong lateral thinking and the tenacity to be able see challenges and turn into opportunities
- A strong interest in current affairs / international development / social and environmental impact
- Good communication skills (oral and written), with high level of attention to detail
- Ability to create compelling presentations, project proposals and reports for internal and external use.
- Comfort with ambiguity and creating own structure.
- Good copy editing skills and the ability to turnaround content quickly
- Experience in working in an environment where discretion and confidentiality are vital
- Tenacious and can take inventive
- Experience in the non-profit sector and/or emerging markets would be a bonus but not a requirement
- A good sense of humour and fun, and willingness to screw business as usual
This role profile is not extensive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Virgin Management embraces diversity. We believe in creating an inclusive environment and it’s an essential part of our culture. We’re committed to implementing our Diversity Policy and we expect all of our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect. We want to nurture a culture where diverse perspectives can help drive our company change business for good.
We strive to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or affiliation to any political party or trade union. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value each of our employees for the contribution they make, both individually, and as part of the Virgin family.