For almost fifty years Virgin has been championing consumers by disrupting business around the world. Spanning numerous sectors, our companies are united by a desire to challenge convention, delivering feel good experiences that you will want to be part of.
We are also united by our ambition, to play a meaningful role in people’s lives. As Richard says “If you aren’t making a difference in other people’s lives, you shouldn’t be in business”. We strive for this ambition by being purpose driven, with each of our companies changing business for good in their own way.
The Virgin Group focuses on the following core consumer sectors of :
Health and Wellness
Telecomms and Media
Travel and Leisure
We are a family of businesses with a shared brand. The companies are run independently and often have different shareholders and boards. As Virgin grows around the globe, the Group needs to ensure that the new businesses created, operate from the start with a strong emphasis on Brand, People and responsible business practices.
Virgin Management is the home of Virgin. It supports the Branson family and the growth of the Virgin brand by developing and nurturing valuable Virgin businesses around the world. The team has offices in London and New York and covers many facets of business including investment, legal, finance, tax, human resources, marketing and corporate relations. It also works alongside Virgin Unite, the charitable foundation of the Virgin Group and alongside Virgin Enterprises which licences the ‘Virgin’ brand.
This is a unique role that offers a great opportunity for the right person to join the Activation team at the heart of the Virgin brand. This role is responsible for the delivery and support of engaging content propositions for Holly and Sam Branson, and supporting the broader Activation team with content and social media planning and creation. This role will help to land the master brand framework, highlighting work from across the Group and our advocacy causes, and bringing to life the future of the brand. They will produce engaging social content across channels including Virgin.com, Virgin Unite and external media platforms, working with the Digital team and partners across the Virgin family. Success will be measured by the capacity to drive engagement and productive interactions between Sam, Holly, Virgin, Virgin Unite, Big Change and our partners and communities.
- Producing and editing highly relevant and compelling content – both copy and audio-visual, to fit with the Activation team’s Spotlight strategy.
- Day to day management of Sam and Holly’s social media presence on all platforms, spotting and engaging in emerging trends and opportunities.
- Building social content and increasing followings on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and emerging platforms. Engaging with followings and positioning Holly, Sam and Virgin as social leaders.
- Suggesting potential items to be used on Holly, Sam and Virgin’s blogs, social channels and external media.
- Attending events with Holly and Sam and delivering high quality digital content at these events.
- Working closely with the wider Activation team to ensure that compelling narratives of impact and engagement are prominently and frequently featured across all channels.
- Ensuring that all delivered written content and information is accurate and updated on an ongoing basis
- Producing daily and weekly content plans for Holly and Sam, covering all content and social platforms, and reporting on these back to the Branson family and stakeholders.
- Assisting wider Activation team with Virgin and Virgin Unite-related blog posts, social posting, research and events.
- Ensuring effective reputation management and customer service responses, keeping a timely overview of emerging stories.
- Providing the wider family with content and social support when required.
- Supporting the wider content plan, aligning topics and strengthening Holly and Sam's involvement and engagement with teams and projects.
- Researching potential partnership or collaboration opportunities that strengthen profile and messaging.
Key experience, skills and qualifications
- Good practical understanding of online journalism, newswriting and blogging, with a portfolio of published work
- Day-to-day online journalism experience
- Day-to-day social media coordination experience
- Content management system experience
- Solid understanding of CMS and social media workflows.
- Solid drafting and editing skills.
- Skilled in delivering high quality content on deadline, with good attention to detail
- Good news writing skills with understanding of Virgin style and tone of voice.
- Interest in innovation with the ability to think creatively.
- Highly organised, always on attitude, anticipating needs and over-delivering wherever possible
- Able to think on your feet and use your initiative to solve problems and deliver solutions
- Able to work on multiple projects across a wide range of topics/businesses
- Fun, hard-working, original and personable
We want to hear from you if:
You are passionate about digital content, the social space and emerging trends.
You are able to work independently but want to be part of an engaged, exciting team.
You are looking to make a positive difference and change business for good.
Your approach to work is fun and inclusive.
You want to help drive wider team goals in a fast-paced work environment.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your privacy is important to us. As part of your application, you will be required to confirm that you have read and understood our Candidate Privacy Notice and agree to us processing your personal data in accordance with that notice.
Virgin Management embraces diversity. We believe in creating an inclusive environment and it’s an essential part of our culture. We’re committed to implementing our Diversity Policy and we expect all of our employees to treat each other equally, honestly and with respect. We want to nurture a culture where diverse perspectives can help drive our company change business for good.
We strive to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all our employees, regardless of their age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or affiliation to any political party or trade union. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value each of our employees for the contribution they make, both individually, and as part of the Virgin family.