Virgin is one of the most exciting brands in the world, with a reputation for excellence and a unique culture across its diverse range of businesses.
This unique brand is built by breaking into markets to offer consumers a better deal, a better service, or a fresh, innovative way of doing things. This has been Richard Branson’s vision for the brand since the early 1970s.
The Virgin Group focuses on the following core consumer sectors of :
- Financial Services
- Health and Wellness
- Music & Entertainment
- Travel and Leisure
In these markets, Virgin is able to break in and shake things up. Virgin companies are positioned in every market they operate in to be the consumer’s champion, which is achieved by delivering to its brand values of:
The Virgin Group is a family of businesses with a shared brand. The companies are run independently and often have different shareholders and boards. As Virgin grows around the globe, the Group needs to ensure that the new businesses created, operate from the start with a strong emphasis on Brand, People and responsible business practices.
Virgin Management is the home of Virgin. It supports the Branson family and the growth of the Virgin brand by developing and nurturing valuable Virgin businesses around the world. The team has offices in Geneva, London and New York and covers many facets of business including investment, legal, finance, tax, human resources, marketing and corporate relations. It also works alongside Virgin Unite, the charitable foundation of the Virgin Group and alongside Virgin Enterprises which licences the ‘Virgin’ brand.
About The Role
Role Title: Trademark Attorney, Virgin Enterprises Limited
Location: Paddington, London
Reports to: Head of Legal and IP, Virgin Enterprises Limited
Direct Reports: Trademark Administrator
Role Summary: To protect and enforce our rights in the Virgin name
Key Responsibilities & main stakeholders:
- Manage the global trademark portfolio
- Manage the domain name portfolio
- Monitor brand infringements
- Take appropriate action in relation to infringements
- Manage the relationships with global Trademark Counsel and other suppliers, together with the Head of Legal and IP
- Key stakeholders include the wider IP Team, Brand and Investment teams
- Guide and develop Trademark Administrator who is currently taking the CITMA qualification
Experience required of managing trademark and domain name portfolios and disputes on a worldwide basis gained in both private practice and in-house roles
Skills & Qualifications
- Law degree and Trademark Attorney qualification (CITMA)
- At minimum of five years’ experience post CITMA qualification is anticipated
- Skills required – highly organised, ability to handle a large and varied workload, a strong legal knowledge but also the ability to apply common sense and a practical approach to dispute resolution in the context of the Virgin brand
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate opinion clearly and persuasively
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you provide us with your CV or application, our People Team will use the information you provide to assess your application and for our recruitment and related People Team purposes. This may involve your information being passed to trusted third party services providers who may store or process your data on our behalf, which may take place outside of Europe. As part of this process, we may also, where appropriate, share your information with other members of the Virgin Group or other Virgin related entities. Please let us know if you have any questions around this.