Virgin is one of the most exciting brands in the world, with a reputation for excellence and a unique culture across its diverse range of businesses. This unique brand is built by breaking into markets to offer consumers a better deal, a better service, or a fresh, innovative way of doing things. This has been Richard Branson’s vision for the brand since the early 1970s.
The Virgin Group focuses on the following core consumer sectors of :
- Financial Services
- Health and Wellness
- Music & Entertainment
- Travel and Leisure
In these markets, Virgin is able to break in and shake things up. Virgin companies are positioned in every market they operate in to be the consumer’s champion, which is achieved by delivering to its brand values.
The Virgin Group is a family of businesses with a shared brand. The companies are run independently and often have different shareholders and boards. As Virgin grows around the globe, the Group needs to ensure that the new businesses created, operate from the start with a strong emphasis on Brand, People and responsible business practices.
Virgin Management Limited (VML) is the home of Virgin. It supports the Branson family and the growth of the Virgin brand by developing and nurturing valuable Virgin businesses around the world. The team has offices in Geneva, London and New York and covers many facets of business including investment, legal, finance, tax, human resources, marketing and corporate relations. It also works alongside Virgin Unite, the charitable foundation of the Virgin Group and alongside Virgin Enterprises which licences the ‘Virgin’ brand.
Role Summary :
Do you have previous experience as an Assistant to a team or senior individual within a high-profile organisation? Do you have a deep understanding of finance? Are you able to anticipate customer needs? This exciting role provides full support to our Finance team and our heads of departments across our Group Finance business, including diary management, office administration, and other finance/treasury related tasks.
- You would be the first point of contact for our team. Relay messages to team members quickly and deftly help to field queries in the office and by phone. Be responsible for the reception of guests visiting for meetings.
- Diary management for Finance and Treasury department heads to ensure effective use of their time, avoiding conflicts and adhering to necessary priorities as guided by them and the team
- Organise team meetings as required; including venues and facilities to guarantee effectiveness of meeting forum, ensuring prompt reminders are given enabling them to attend in a timely and effective manner.
- Prepare for meetings, including preparation of presentations, agendas, minutes, packs, papers and notes. Ensure documentation is passed to appropriate team member on time to allow adequate preparation
- Support good organisation of the administration of the team including: expenses, stationery, room bookings, purchase orders, booking travel, distributing and handling post received, and support with some social activities etc.)
Finance team responsibilities:
Acting as support and back-up on the purchase ledger and sales ledger processes, including: processing purchase invoices and employee expenses: coding invoices, ensuring necessary approvals obtained (in the Agresso system), and setting up payments; raising sales or recharge invoices. You would support with filing of bank and investment portfolio statements, and completing regulatory (Office for National Statistics) filings. Overseeing inbox management for department heads or other finance managers as may be required to handle administrative tasks on a variety of business processes throughout the year, such as:
- Collation of statutory accounts for director authorisation
- Organisation of Budget meetings with department heads and our executive team while obtaining “timesheet” information from depts. on a quarterly basis.
- Administration relating to engagement letters, audit confirmations for banks, tracking of fees for certain supplier
Treasury team responsibilities:
- Uploading Bank account data / statements into the Treasury cash management system
- Uploading of Treasury data from various sources into the treasury system.
- Checking of system data (account data, transaction entry, cash flow data, static data)
- Supporting the team on the annual bank account Know Your Customer (KYC) information and maintaining the bank account database
- Providing administrative support on various processes at different times of the year, including:
- Supporting the administration of opening of new bank accounts
Tax team responsibilities:
- Assisting team in collating tax information by sending out requests
- Setting up and maintaining various tax compliance tracking schedules
- Following tax specific processes as set out in the operations manual (logging HMRC letters, taking care of software and online tax library providers, booking tax courses, etc). Producing power-point slide decks for transactions and technical sessions based on content provided by team
- Department heads
- Finance team
- other team assistants
- Virgin Management employees across the business
Experience and Skills:
- Highly organised and have a hands-on approach to work
- Excellent written communication skills with close attention to detail – able to produce own correspondence, produce professional presentations in PowerPoint and demonstrate a good standard of written English
- Self-motivated, enjoy working to self set deadlines but you also need to be a great teammate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office essential, including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint. Basic Excel knowledge is required.
- Experience of supporting finance teams, working in finance industry, not essential but desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you provide us with your CV or application, our People Team will use the information you provide to assess your application and for our recruitment and related People Team purposes. This may involve your information being passed to trusted third party services providers who may store or process your data on our behalf, which may take place outside of Europe. As part of this process, we may also, where appropriate, share your information with other members of the Virgin Group or other Virgin related entities. Please let us know if you have any questions around this.