About Big Change:
Big Change was founded to think differently about how charity can be a catalyst for positive change – we back big ideas that are thinking how we set young people up to thrive in life, not just examsIn our first five years, we have built a strong track record of finding and supporting great projects at the forefront of change, and a network of cross-discipline leaders guiding and supporting us. Having laid solid foundations, we are now ready to both activate the latent support in our network and build more of a public profile to support our aims.
Part of Big Change, Reimagining Education Together is a collective and campaign working to build popular demand for a new optimistic vision of education - unlocking the potential of the next generation, and equipping them with the beliefs, skills, knowledge and values they need to thrive in life and play a positive role in the world around them.
The Community and Partnerships Manager will play a pivotal role weaving together an influential, passionate and growing network of cross sector partners for Big Change who are united in their belief in Reimagining Education Together. They will keep this cross sector community connected, inclusive, and open through great stakeholder communications, identifying valuable content and insights to be shared across the group. All underpinned by a disciplined planning process. They will be an excellent horizon scanner for trends, connections, and opportunities. They will have an international outlook and cross sector view, with the necessary passion and grit to help build long term demand for an education system that will better support young people.
This role is an initial 6 Month fixed term contract with the option to move to FTW (£- Competitive)
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Building communities, networks, and teams
- Map, manage and engage with a vibrant and effective existing network. Then
- identify and prioritise new partners.
- Know and unite this growing network by sharing plans and co-created goals.
- Partner with the network scan the horizon for trends, connections, and opportunities that add value to everyone’s work.
- Build a group of 100+ advocates/ influencers - securing testimonials, content, and arming them with materials and platforms
- Identifying global partners who can lead activation in their own geographies.
2. Building audiences
- Map and address key audiences and stakeholder groups.
- Build and improve communication channels to reach them e.g. Website, newsletter, social channels, community engagement events.
- Identify and engage with relevant conversations, initiatives, and events online, on social media, and in person.
- Monitor and communicate progress with the community and building digital distribution channels and methods to do so.
- Create and source compelling messages, presentations, stories, research, and content for the network to build on and share.
- Identify opportunities for Big Change to add to knowledge through its own original research and build on the work on others.
- Secure cross sector partners, foundations, companies, individuals, and funders that we can collaborate with, jointly fund activities, or can act as channels in their own right.
- Managing Director
- Communications Director/ Lead
- Big Change Insights and Impact Manager
- Big Change Marketing & Communications Manager
- RET project partners
- RET ambassadors and influencers
Knowledge and core competencies:
- Previous experience in a similar position managing partners and communities, ideally in the education sector
- Comfort in working with a broad range of stakeholders, both internal and external to pull off things others wouldn’t think possible
- Able to quickly pick up new subject areas and digest many inputs to create and curate content and materials that are simple yet compelling
- Strong project management skills, and a great organiser, with an eye for detail and the ability to prioritize work and juggle multiple things at once
- Impeccable writing and copy-editing skills with demonstrated experience in preparing engaging presentations, proposals, reports and other communication for diverse audiences
- Ability to identify solutions in a fast-paced environment, work autonomously and be proactive in approach
- Understanding of and comfort with building and managing both online and offline media channels, including websites
- A good sense of humour combined with resilience and a can-do attitude
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
When you provide us with your CV or application, our People Team will use the information you provide to assess your application and for our recruitment and related People Team purposes. This may involve your information being passed to trusted third party services providers who may store or process your data on our behalf, which may take place outside of Europe. As part of this process, we may also, where appropriate, share your information with other members of the Virgin Group or other Virgin related entities. Please let us know if you have any questions around this