Virgin is one of the most exciting brands in the world, with a reputation for excellence and a unique culture across its diverse range of businesses. Virgin Management is the home of Virgin. It supports the Branson family and the growth of the Virgin brand by developing and nurturing valuable Virgin businesses around the world.
The team has offices in London and New York and covers many facets of business including investment, legal, finance, tax, human resources, marketing and corporate relations. It also works alongside Virgin Unite, the entrepreneurial foundation of the Virgin Group.
The Role: Social media executive
Reports to: Content lead
Job Type: Permanent
This is a unique role that offers an incredible opportunity for the right person to join the Content & Activation team at the heart of the Virgin brand. This role focuses on maintaining and improving the Virgin Management social presence by following and influencing our overall strategy, taking into consideration customer service, the Virgin tone of voice and accurate reporting.
- To create and distribute compelling social content across Virgin’s digital platforms, including new and emerging sites.
- Develop and run social campaigns and competitions, in both conception and delivery.
- Responsible for managing the persona of Victoria Angel - our customer service account guiding people through the digital Virgin universe. Ensuring that customer service issues are engaged with and responded to in a timely manner.
- Carry out general positive engagement with commenters on @virgin content and social channels, including virgin.com, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
- Working alongside content executives, senior social media executive and our data analyst to make sure that paid social content is optimised for best performance.
- Liaising and keeping an up to date record of social contacts in Virgin companies around the world to create a unified, official tone of voice and Virgin social presence. Providing Virgin companies with best practice, relevant contacts and information – as well as aiding new Virgin companies on board the Virgin social media way.
- Content writing and editing.
Key experience, skills and qualifications
- Excellent practical understanding of social media and digital content.
- Day-to-day social media posting and engagement experience.
- Online customer service and web experience.
- Experience in delivery of high-profile and innovative web platforms, applications and experiences.
- Experience in Photoshop, Excel and other online basics.
- Experience in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Hootsuite, Snapchat and emerging social networks.
- Experience of working in HTML, ad serving and with content management systems.
- Good knowledge of web analytics tools.
We want to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about digital content, the social space and emerging trends.
- You are able to work independently but want to be part of an engaged, exciting team.
- You are looking to make a positive difference and change business for good.
- Your approach to work is fun and inclusive.
- You want to help drive wider team goals in a fast-paced work environment.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you provide us with your CV or application, our People Team will use the information you provide to assess your application and for our recruitment and related People Team purposes. This may involve your information being passed to trusted third party services providers who may store or process your data on our behalf, which may take place outside of Europe. As part of this process, we may also, where appropriate, share your information with other members of the Virgin Group or other Virgin related entities. Please let us know if you have any questions around this.