About Big Change:
Big Change was founded to think differently about how charity can be a catalyst for positive change – we back big ideas that are rethinking how we set young people up to thrive in life, not just exams.
In our first five years, we have built a strong track record of finding and supporting great projects at the forefront of change, and a network of cross-discipline leaders guiding and supporting us. Having laid solid foundations, we are now ready to both activate the latent support in our network and build more of a public profile to support our aims.
Working closely with our team and broader community, you will enable us to tell our compelling stories and engage influencers to support our mission (from donors to sector influencers and media). You will need to be a dynamic self-starter, driven by strong personal values and the desire to learn and bring best practice to push the boundaries of the charity sector.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to both shape and grow quickly within the role and organization as we enter an exciting next phase.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Managing Big Change communications strategy, channels and core assets
- Developing an integrated communications strategy incorporating stakeholder engagement, donor marketing and online;
- Proactively identifying, researching and proposing communication and engagement opportunities for key audiences to maximize impact against our aims;
- Leading on the development and distribution of key content e.g. Impact report, research, blogs, sector insight. Partnering with key members of the team on execution;
- Owning and improving our key communication channels and presence e.g. Website, newsletter, social channels, community engagement events;
- Managing ongoing assessment of channel effectiveness and measurement;
- Support and advise the broader team to maximise the effectiveness of their communication.
Building our brand and supporting campaigns
- Develop our brand strategy and guidelines;
- Build the profile of Big Change, our project partners and community members as ambassadors for the cause;
- Develop relationships with key networks, sector partners and media (traditional and influencers);
- Supporting on the development and activation of campaigns e.g. Strive Stories, Reimagining Education, Oracy and Teacher Wellbeing.
Building and activating our donor and supporter base (working with Community team)
- Identifying opportunities to build our profile and pipeline of supporters;
- Profiling potential donors and sources of support;
- Work with the Community Team on managing the donor pipeline, from initial research through to conversion;
- Developing key marketing materials and ‘donor offer’ to support fundraising efforts;
- Supporting regular proactive communication with our community e.g. Newsletters, reporting, storytelling, community events;
- Creating compelling presentations, marketing materials, blogs, reports and other types of communication to connect with diverse audiences;
- Arming our community to advocate on our behalf.
- Working closely with the Managing Director and a coalition of global experts to build our thought leadership, evidence and advocacy around Reimagining Education;
- Curating and creating relevant content to build our thought leadership;
- Supporting on events and gatherings when appropriate to convene experts, influencers and practitioners around Big Change’s central mission and key focus areas.
- Managing Director
- Community Director
- Insights and Impact Manager
- Big Change project partners
- Ambassadors and influencers
Knowledge and core competencies:
- Previous experience in a similar position, ideally in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Comfort in working with a broad range of stakeholders, both internal and external to pull off things others wouldn’t think possible;
- Able to quickly pick up new subject areas and digest many inputs to create and curate content and materials that are simple yet compelling;
- Strong project management skills, and a great organizer, with an eye for detail and the ability to prioritize work and juggle multiple things at once;
- Impeccable writing and copy-editing skills with demonstrated experience in preparing engaging presentations, proposals, reports and other communication for diverse audiences;
- Ability to identify solutions in a fast-paced environment, work autonomously and be proactive in approach;
- Understanding of and comfort with managing both online and offline media channels;
- Design and creation of audience-ready content a plus;
- A good sense of humor and fun, and willingness to jump in and help with anything and everything.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
When you provide us with your CV or application, our People Team will use the information you provide to assess your application and for our recruitment and related People Team purposes. This may involve your information being passed to trusted third party services providers who may store or process your data on our behalf, which may take place outside of Europe. As part of this process, we may also, where appropriate, share your information with other members of the Virgin Group or other Virgin related entities. Please let us know if you have any questions around this.