Looking for a new challenge? Well these jobs from around the Virgin Group could be just what you need...
Opportunities with Virgin Voyages
We’re on a mission to create the world’s most irresistible travel brand and we are seeking a talented and innovative communication’s Crew Member. As one of our key team members, the Senior Manager - PR & Lifestyle Media (NYC) will help make this a reality. Communications teams at Virgin are super important to helping make the brand loved and famous both internally and externally.
As the Senior Manager - PR & Lifestyle Media, you will be expected to take the lead on strategic brand communications initiatives, events and programs in NYC aimed at lifestyle press. What will excite us most is your creativity and innovation that will make us stand out from the rest of the industry. You are trend focused, on top of the news, a relationship builder, data driven, and possess a series of high profile contacts within the lifestyle media space. You will be a key point person for media partners and the community in NYC and you will help establish and articulate a clear vision for Virgin Voyages PR work and then create, curate and communicate that. This role requires the person to be a strong communicator, be clever, be super organized, and awesome to work with so they deftly manage all programs and challenges that will come up. Find out more and apply now.
We are seeking a talented Learning Experience Designer to facilitate, innovate, research and develop learning solutions for our crew.
Our people are critical to Virgin Voyages’ overall success - without them, the ship will sink (literally)! We need someone special in this role to ensure that our team is prepared and well equipped with the training they need to be successful. Our Learning Experience Designer will be someone who is all about the learning experience and has an insatiable desire to meet learning objectives. In other words, we are looking for someone that gives a ship about the development of our crew!
Given we’re a start-up, everybody does more than their role might normally include, so you’ll need to be someone who doesn’t think twice about rolling up your sleeves. If you get queasy when the ship gets rocky…. this might not be the gig for you. But if you're up for the challenge, apply now.
Opportunities with The Spaceship Company
The Spaceship Company (TSC) is an affiliate of Virgin Galactic as a space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic’s human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of over 500 talented and dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers’ needs. TSC’s extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
TSC is seeking an experienced procurement professional to plan, control, and supervise the supply chain activities associated with the material and service procurement needs. This person will be responsible for sourcing, cost saving, cost avoidance, and value enhancement initiatives associated with these procurements to positively impact the procurement and operational functions for the manufacturer of our spacecrafts.
TSC is seeking an Accountant / Government Contracts Specialist to support our Assistant Controller.
- Perform a variety of accounting functions, including account analysis, reconciliation, report preparation, classification of costs and charges, preparation of month end accounting schedules, and support of financial portions of contract proposals, as assigned.
- Ensure TSC maintains full compliance with FAR and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) contained in government contracts as bid and awarded to the Company.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of DCAA Incurred Cost Submittals. Effectively communicate with DCAA on related issues.
- Submit a yearly request for provisional indirect rates to DOE/DCAA.
- Assist/support DCAA audits and requests for information (incurred cost proposal, financial capability audits, requested provisional rates, contract briefs, etc.).
- Close out government contracts with the appropriate government organization and follow up on final invoices/documentation.
- Prepare annual calculation of government cost rates to set billing rates.
- Assist in creating new internal accounting policies and maintain existing policies.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Support Assistant Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
Find out more and apply now on The Spaceship Company's website.