Virgin is one of the most exciting brands in the world, with a reputation for excellence and a unique culture across its diverse range of businesses. This unique brand is built by breaking into markets to offer consumers a better deal, a better service, or a fresh, innovative way of doing things. This has been Richard Branson’s vision for the brand since the early 1970s.
The Virgin Group focuses on the following core consumer sectors of :
- Financial Services
- Health and Wellness
- Music & Entertainment
- Travel and Leisure
In these markets, Virgin is able to break in and shake things up. Virgin companies are positioned in every market they operate in to be the consumer’s champion, which is achieved by delivering to its brand values.
The Virgin Group is a family of businesses with a shared brand. The companies are run independently and often have different shareholders and boards. As Virgin grows around the globe, the Group needs to ensure that the new businesses created, operate from the start with a strong emphasis on Brand, People and responsible business practices.
Virgin Management Limited (VML) is the home of Virgin. It supports the Branson family and the growth of the Virgin brand by developing and nurturing valuable Virgin businesses around the world. The team has offices in Geneva, London and New York and covers many facets of business including investment, legal, finance, tax, human resources, marketing and corporate relations. It also works alongside Virgin Unite, the charitable foundation of the Virgin Group and alongside Virgin Enterprises which licenses the ‘Virgin’ brand.
To provide full PA support to the Executive Assistants and Investment team, including diary management, office administration, typing, project work, maintaining drives, filing, etc.
Key Responsibilities & Main stakeholders:
- Be the first point of contact for telephone enquiries/fielding calls for the Investment team
- Dealing confidently and pro-actively with issues where possible and using judgment to determine what and when to escalate to other team members or other Virgin Group companies
- Relay messages to team members quickly and efficiently
To organise day to day itinerary to ensure effective use of the Investment team time and minimising travel/delay disruption as far as possible, avoiding conflicts and adhering to necessary priorities as guided by the Investment team and Executive Assistants
All work-related travel arrangements including visas, flights, accommodation and itineraries, ensuring adequacy of all arrangements for the Investment team
- To organise meetings as required including venues and facilities to guarantee effectiveness of meeting forum, ensuring prompt reminders are given enabling them to attend in a timely and effective manner
- To prepare documentation for meetings, including preparation of presentations, agendas, minutes, packs, papers and notes. Ensure documentation is passed to appropriate team member in a timely manner to allow adequate preparation
- Minute taking: take minutes at meetings when required, copy and distribute within agreed deadlines
- To organise suitable venues/ refreshments for meetings
- To deal with all incoming and outgoing post, ensuring its distributed to the appropriate people within the team
- To take telephone messages and relay all messages promptly
- To reply to correspondence as directed
- To type relevant correspondence when needed
- Production of ad-hoc letters/ correspondence for Investment team members, including initial assessment as to whether the Investment team is the most appropriate department to respond
- To ensure the organisation of the administration of the Investment office (including expense reports, stationery, room bookings, purchase orders)
- Filing and organisation of all necessary paperwork and assessing the urgency of the paperwork that needs attention. Allow for rapid retrieval for use by team members.
- Keep abreast of all the new business developments within the department, the group and major changes within the group structure
- Assisting them with arrangements for visits, meetings, and providing information as requested
- Cover (annual or sick leave) for Executive Assistants and on reception when required
- Ad-hoc project work as directed. It’s expected that the job holder will play a key part in co-ordinating such projects and ensuring all key milestones are met and everyone is aware of what is due, and by when the paperwork that needs attention. Allow for rapid retrieval for use by team members.
- Proof reading and amending documents (using track changes)
Previous experience as an assistant to a senior person within a high-profile organisation
Skills & Capabilities :
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office essential
- Typing skills 50 – 60 wpm
- Good standard of written English
- Good organisational skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work alone
- Confident but helpful phone manner
- Excellent written communication skills with close attention to detail – able to produce own correspondence and produce professional presentations in PowerPoint
- Ability to be proactive
- Self motivating and able to work to self set deadlines but also able to work well as part of a team
- A good general commercial understanding is desirable
- Able to project a professional image at all times with 3rd parties
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Friday 27th April 2018.
When you provide us with your CV or application, our People Team will use the information you provide to assess your application and for our recruitment and related People Team purposes. This may involve your information being passed to trusted third party services providers who may store or process your data on our behalf, which may take place outside of Europe. As part of this process, we may also, where appropriate, share your information with other members of the Virgin Group or other Virgin related entities. Please let us know if you have any questions around this.