Virgin is one of the most exciting brands in the world, with a reputation for excellence and a unique culture across its diverse range of businesses. Virgin Management is the home of Virgin. It supports the Branson family and the growth of the Virgin brand by developing and nurturing valuable Virgin businesses around the world. The team has offices in London and New York and covers many facets of business including investment, legal, finance, tax, human resources, marketing and corporate relations. It also works alongside Virgin Unite, the entrepreneurial foundation of the Virgin Group.
- Content Lead
- Head of Content
- This is a unique role that offers an incredible opportunity for the right person to join the Content & Activation team at the heart of the Virgin brand. The role will see the individual supporting and, in some cases, leading the delivery of Branson family content and social strategy – managing the end-to-end process.
- You will be working with the Head of Content to design, deliver and amplify Virgin and Branson family social/content campaigns as well as blogs, editorials, letters, features and other content pieces when appropriate.
- You will also lead the monthly Branson family reporting with the support from the data team – this will include blog and social performance and recommendations for strategy development with the support of the Head of Content and Digital & Content Strategy Director. You will be expected to use this insight to inform editorial decisions and deliver Branson family and Virgin content views and social growth targets.
- Opportunities also arise to contribute and lead on several other Virgin channels and you will deliver for these where and when appropriate. The platform landscape is constantly evolving and as a Lead, you will be expected to get involved with helping land both personal and business objectives.
Key experience, skills and qualifications:
- Experience working with high profile figures and brands
- Excellent practical understanding of online journalism, newswriting, blogging and social media
- Wide portfolio of published work online and offline
- Day-to-day online journalism experience
- Day-to-day social media posting and engagement experience
- Online customer service and web experience
- Experience in delivery of high-profile and innovative web platforms, applications and experiences
- Experience in Photoshop, Excel and other online basics
- Experience in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Snapchat and emerging social networks
- Experience of working in HTML, ad serving and with content management systems
- Good knowledge of web analytics tools
We want to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about digital content, the social space and emerging trends
- You are able to work independently but want to be part of an engaged, exciting team
- You are looking to make a positive difference and change business for good
- Your approach to work is fun and inclusive
- You want to help drive wider team goals in a fast-paced work environment
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted up to April 14th 2017.