Over the last four years, Virgin Unite worked with Richard and former PUMA CEO Jochen Zeitz to incubate a new global leadership initiative with a single purpose: to make business work better.
Launched in October 2012 The B Team is a group of global business leaders who share similar views about the need to transform business, delivering a “Plan B” that champions concrete solutions to help make capitalism a driving force for social, environmental and economic benefit.
Together, these B Team Leaders will use their collective voice, experience, entrepreneurial skills and influence to undertake challenges that will help shape a future of business motivated by people, planet and profit.
The B Team are currently undertaking three Challenges:
- The Future Bottom Line
- The Future of Incentives
- The Future of Leadership.
Alongside Richard and Jochen, The B Team Leaders are:
- Shari Arison, Owner, Arison Group
- Kathy Calvin, CEO, UN Foundation
- Arianna Huffington, Chair, President & Editor In Chief, Huffington Post Media Group
- Mo Ibrahim, Founder, Celtel
- Guilherme Leal, Founder & Co-Chairman, Natura
- Strive Masiyiwa, Founder & Chairman, Econet Wireless
- François-Henri Pinault, CEO & Chairman, Kering
- Paul Polman, CEO, Unilever
- Ratan Tata, Chairman, Tata Group
- Professor Muhammad Yunus, Chairman, Yunus Center
Former Irish President and UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Mary Robinson and former Norwegian Prime Minister Gro Brundtland are Honorary B Team Leaders representing the interests of “people and our planet”.
"We are keen to listen, learn and share with others to build businesses that do what’s right for people and the planet."