This competition has now closed
Win a trip to join Richard Branson at a special Virgin Galactic event in New Mexico!
This is your chance to join Richard Branson at the Virgin Galactic Keys to a New Dawn event and visit Spaceport America.
To enter the competition, simply tweet @richardbranson your answer to this question:
Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo is how many times faster than the fastest animal on earth, the cheetah?
Include your answer and the hashtag #spacecheetah and send it to @richardbranson. This competition is only open to UK, US and Australian residents and you must be 21 years old and over. See below for full terms and conditions. But hurry, as the competition closes on Friday, 7th October. Good luck!
Keys to a New Dawn Competition Terms and Conditions (the Terms)
1. The promoter of this competition is Virgin.com Limited of The School House, 50 Brook Green, London, England, W6 7RR (Virgin.com). The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
2. In order to be entered into this competition you must:
(a) be over 21;
(b) post an answer to the question SpaceShipTwo is how many times faster than the fastest animal on earth, the cheetah? on http://www.twitter.com/richardbranson (each an Entry and together the Entries);
(c) be resident in the United Kingdom, United States or Australia;
(d) not be an employee of any Virgin Group company or a family member of such an employee; and
(e) accept these Terms. By posting an Entry you will be deemed to have irrevocably agreed to these Terms.
3. Only one Entry per person will be accepted. All additional Entries will be discounted.
4. This competition will open on Tuesday 04 October 2011 at 4pm BST and will close on Friday 7 October 2011 at noon (12:00) GMT. If you submit an Entry after this time/date you will not be entered into the competition.
5. Final responsibility for determining eligibility, the ultimate winner and the answer to the question set out in paragraph 2(b) above rests solely with Virgin.com and no correspondence will be entered into concerning any of these matters.
7. If only one person posts the correct answer, that Entry will be the winner of the competition. If more than one person posts the correct answer then all correct and valid Entries will be entered into a prize draw from which one (1) winner will be chosen at random by midnight GMT on Friday 14 October 2011. The winner of the competition will be notified via their Twitter profile as soon as possible after the winner has been chosen. The Prize winner must accept the Prize by replying to the notification on their Twitter profile within 48 hours days of being notified as the Prize winner. If Virgin.com does not receive a response within 48 hours of when Virgin.com first tried to contact the relevant winner, Virgin.com reserves the right to award their Prize to another entrant and the original winner will have no right to insist on receiving the Prize. The results of the competition (including the winner chosen) are final and no correspondence will be entered into by Virgin.com in relation to this. For the avoidance of any doubt, if you do not correctly answer the question set out in 2(b) above, you will not be eligible to win the Prize. Virgin.com takes no responsibility for any Entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
8. Your personal information collected (including your name, email address and telephone number) will only be transferred to other Virgin Group companies or third parties with your consent or in order to contact you regarding the Prize (this may include transmitting the details outside of the EEA). By entering into the competition you give your consent for Virgin.com and/or Virgin Galactic to contact you regarding the Prize. Virgin.com may also contact you by email about Virgin.com activities and news. You may unsubscribe from any such communication at any time by notifying us via http://www.virgin.com/.
9. Your personal information will be collected, stored and processed in a database for the purposes of managing the competition. Such information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated in these Terms or as separately accepted by you. Any personal data which you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
10. A copy of these Terms may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Virgin.com at its address set out above.
11. Subject to these Terms, the winner of the competition will win a trip for one (1) person to the Virgin Galactic Keys to a New Dawn event (the Event) due to take place on 17 October in Las Cruces, New Mexico (the Prize). The Prize shall include:
one return economy airfare (including airport taxes) to New Mexico departing from an airport and on a date and time specified by Virgin.com. Details of flight carrier, airports and times of the flights will be confirmed once a winner has been selected but flights are most likely to depart on 16 October 2011 and return on 18 October 2011. Flights cannot be upgraded and are unlikely to be direct;
two nights stay for one person in a hotel (excluding breakfast). Details of the hotel will be confirmed to the winner once a winner has been determined. The winner of the Prize may be required to present a credit card at time of accommodation check in;
one ticket to the Event; and
a maximum of 250 (two hundred and fifty pounds sterling) towards expenses incurred during the stay. Original, complete, valid and dated receipts will need to be submitted by the winner to Virgin.com after their return from the Event and must relate to food, beverage or travel expenses incurred in connection with the Event. To the extent that expenses exceed the 250 limit or do not relate to the categories mentioned above, such expenses will not be eligible to be refunded. Virgin.com will reimburse eligible expenses up to the 250 limit within 60 days of receipt of the valid receipts.
Except for the 250 worth of expenses set out above (and subject to the conditions in connection with these expenses (set out above)), the Prize does not include checked baggage charges, spending money, additional taxes, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers (including transfers to and from the Event), items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs. The Prize is subject to booking, flight and hotel availability. All decisions relating to the Prize (including the flights to be taken, the hotel that the travellers will stay in and expenses that will be reimbursed) shall be made solely by Virgin.com or Virgin Galactic (as appropriate) and shall be final;
12. The Prize is subject to the standard Terms & Conditions of individual prize and service providers.
13. The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
14. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any necessary legal documentation as and in the form required by Virgin.com and/or Virgin Galactic . In addition, the Prize winner agrees to take part in such reasonable competition-related publicity as is requested by Virgin.com.
15. If the Prize (or part of it) is unavailable, Virgin.com, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize or prizes (as appropriate) to the equal value and/or specification. For the avoidance of doubt, this is a right for Virgin.com and not an obligation on Virgin.com to provide a replacement.
16. The Prize winner shall accept the Prize at his/her own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Virgin.com and Virgin Galactic assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any (direct or indirect) damage, loss, death, personal injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant or by winner (or any companion/s) as a result of accepting and undertaking any Prize (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any personal injury or death suffered to any participant who goes to the Event).
17. This competition is governed by English law and any dispute arising from this competition shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.