Don’t forget your… toothbrush!
- By Greg Rose -
- Apr 23, 2012
This competition is now closed. Thanks for playing, and look out for the next one!
Don’t forget your…toothbrush! Richard Branson is launching a new competition to offer one lucky follower a last-minute holiday.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply tweet @richardbranson a photo of you holding your toothbrush and include the hashtag #dontforgetyour.
The prize will be a pair of free return flights to a mystery destination and hotel accommodation for the duration of your stay.
The competition is live from 9am GMT on Monday April 23rd and will run until 5pm GMT on Wednesday April 25th when a winner will be chosen.
The winner will fly out to the mystery destination on Friday April 27th and return on Tuesday May 1st. Please make sure you are able to travel!
How will you include your toothbrush in your photo? Be creative!
There will be a new item you must not forget every time we run a #dontforgetyour competition, and the holiday prize will be to and from a different part of the world. Good luck!
Here are the competition T's and C's...
1. The promoter of this competition is Virgin.com Limited of The School House, 50 Brook Green, London, England, W6 7RR (“Virgin.com”). The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
2. In order to enter this competition, you must post a photo of yourself and the item which has been nominated as the item which you cannot forget (“Don’t Forget Your ‘X’”) in reply to Richard Branson on http://www.twitter.com/richardbranson and include the hashtag #dontforgetyour (each reply is an “Entry” and together the “Entries”). By posting an Entry you will be deemed to have irrevocably agreed to these Terms and any terms and conditions cross-referenced in these Terms.
3. Only one Entry per person will be accepted. All additional Entries will be discounted.
4. Details of the competition opening time (the “Opening Time”) and closing time (“Closing Time”) will be made available on Richard Branson’s twitter page. It is expected that the Opening Time will be approximately 9 am BST on Monday and the Closing Time will be approximately 5 pm BST on Wednesday (in the same week). At Opening Time the details of the Don’t Forget Your ‘X’ will be published on Richard Branson’s twitter page. If you submit an Entry after Closing Time you will not be entered into the Competition but your Entry may still be made available on Richard Branson’s twitter page.
5. From all valid Entries, one winner will be chosen by Virgin.com within 24 hours of the competition. Closing Time (the “Winner”). The Winner will be notified via their Twitter profile as soon as possible after the Winner has been chosen. The Winner must accept the Prize by replying to the notification on their Twitter profile within twelve hours of being notified as the Winner. If Virgin.com does not receive a response within twelve hours of when Virgin.com first tries to contact the relevant Winner, Virgin.com reserves the right to award the Prize to another entrant and the original Winner will have no right to insist on receiving the Prize. Thereafter the alternative entrant shall be the “Winner” for the purposes of these Terms.
6. In order to be entered into this competition and submit a valid Entry (the “Competition”) you must:
(a) be over 18 years of age;
(b) be resident in a country or jurisdiction where this Competition, or your participation in this Competition, is not illegal or a breach of any applicable law, rule or regulation;
(c) not be an employee of any Virgin Group company or a family member of such an employee;
(d) be free and able to travel to the departure airport and to the Destination between the Departure Date and the Return Date (where the Departure Date may be within 48 hours of the Closing Time); and
(e) accept these Terms.
7. Entries may be rejected or disqualified from the Competition at the sole discretion of Virgin.com for reasons including but not limited to breach of these Terms, obscenity, defamation, an invasion of privacy or other objectionable content. Any person found to be submitting unsolicited bulk messages (i.e. spam) will be disqualified from the Competition.
8. If you do not correctly submit your Entry in accordance with these Terms, you will not be eligible to win the Prize. Virgin.com takes no responsibility for any Entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. Virgin.com will not be responsible for any technical fault or failure which prevents a person from entering the Competition.
9. Virgin.com can, in its absolute discretion, disqualify any entrant for breach of or non-compliance with these Terms, vary or amend these Terms, change the Prize or terminate this Competition without prior notice. You agree that no liability shall attach to Virgin.com or any other Virgin Group company as a result thereof and that, in such circumstances, no compensation will be payable.
10. Subject to availability and these Terms, the Winner shall be entitled to the following (altogether the “Prize”):
(a) two return economy tickets (including airport taxes) for a flight operated by Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic or Virgin Australia (together the “Virgin Airline”) to the destination nominated by Virgin.com (the “Destination”) (the “Flight”) departing on the date nominated by Virgin.com (the “Departure Date”) and returning on the on the date nominated by Virgin.com (the “Return Date”). Exact Flight details (including the Destination, Departure Date and time and Return Date and time) will be specified by Virgin.com once a Winner has been selected. You should note that the Departure Date may be within 48 hours of the Closing Time. The selection of the Flight, Destination, Departure Date and Return Date is at Virgin.com’s absolute discretion. The Flight cannot be upgraded or otherwise varied and both tickets must be used on the same Flight. If the winner does not wish to use the second ticket, the unused ticket will be forfeited. The Flight will not attract the applicable Virgin Airline’s Flying Club miles or any of Virgin Airline’s partners’ miles;
(b) accommodation (excluding breakfast) between the Departure Date and the Return Date for two people (in one room and, where practicable, the hotel will try to accommodate the Winner’s bed preference) at the hotel nominated by Virgin.com (the “Stay”). The Winner may be required to present a credit card for hotel incidentals at time of check in.
11. No element of the Prize may be used in conjunction with any other promotion or promotional fare offered by any company in the Virgin Group or any third party.
12. The Winner will be entirely responsible for all requirements, costs, charges and/or expenses required to use and enjoy the Prize. The Prize does not include and no Virgin Group company shall be responsible for personal expenses, checked baggage charges, spending money, additional taxes, travel or other insurance, passports, visas, medical expenses, vaccinations, taxes, transfers (including transfers to and from the Flight and/or Stay), items of a personal nature, in-room charges or any other ancillary costs incurred by the Winner in enjoyment of the Prize.
13. The Winner is responsible for ensuring that both they and their companion have valid and up to date passport and all other travel documentation required for their travel to and entry into the Destination.
14. The Prize and each element comprising the Prize are not transferable or exchangeable. The Prize has no cash value and cannot be taken as cash or for any other item or benefit. The Prize must be used on the dates specified by Virgin.com. The Prize is subject to Flight and hotel availability. Once a booking has been confirmed, no changes are permitted. If a booking is cancelled, no alternative will be arranged. If for any reason the Winner does not make use of the Prize including if the Prize is not claimed or redeemed, they shall not be entitled to any alternative prize. In each case, no refund or compensation will be provided.
15. If the Prize (or any part of it) is unavailable, Virgin.com, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any part of the Prize) with a prize or prizes (as appropriate) to an equal value and/or specification. For the avoidance of doubt, this is a right for Virgin.com and not an obligation on Virgin.com to provide a replacement.
16. The Winner shall accept and use the Prize at their own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Virgin.com and all other Virgin Group companies assume no responsibility whatsoever for death or personal injury or any damage, loss, or disappointment (in each case whether direct or indirect) suffered by any entrant or by the Winner (or any companion/s) as a result of accepting and undertaking any Prize (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any personal injury or death suffered to any participant).
17. In event of an infringement by the Winner or their travel companion of these Terms or any other terms incorporated into these terms by reference, Virgin.com reserves the right to withdraw the Prize and shall not be obliged to offer an alternative.
18. Final responsibility for determining the operation and results of the Competition including eligibility and the ultimate Winner, and all decisions relating to the Prize (including the Flight, the Destination, the Departure Date, the Return Date and the Stay) rests solely with Virgin.com. Virgin.com’s decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into concerning any of these matters.
Applicable terms and conditions
20. Enjoyment of each element of the Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the provider of that element. The Winner and their companion for the Flight must abide by and will be subject to the applicable Virgin Airline's published Conditions of Carriage, which are available on each of www.virgin-atlantic.com, www.virginamerica.com and www.virginaustralia.com and from any office of the relevant Virgin Airline. Virgin Airline flight schedules are subject to change without notice. The Winner will be responsible for checking and confirming Flight details prior to departure. No liability shall attach to Virgin.com or any other Virgin Group company as a result of any changes to the flight schedule or for the Winner's failure to check and/or confirm Flight details and, in such circumstances, no compensation will be payable.
21. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the Winner must sign any necessary legal documentation as and in the form required by Virgin.com, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia and/or Virgin Holidays.
23. Virgin.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend these Terms or to withdraw, amend, cancel the Competition at any time and without notice. No liability shall attach to Virgin.com or any Virgin Group company as a result thereof and, in such circumstances, no compensation will be payable.
Any changes to these terms will be posted on http://www.twitter.com/virgin.
Your personal information
24. Your Entry photo must by your own original idea and creation. The contents and presentation of Entries must not contravene any applicable law or infringe any proprietary right of any third party or any third party’s intellectual property rights or confidential information. Your Entry photo should not include any other individuals unless you have their consent to you using their image and/or details for the purpose of this Competition.
25. Your personal information (including your name, email address and telephone number) collected during the Competition and/or for the purposes of the Prize will only be shared with other Virgin Group companies or third parties with your consent or in order to contact you regarding the Prize, which purposes may include transmitting your information outside of the EEA.
26. Your personal information will be collected, stored and processed in a database for the purposes of managing the Competition. Such information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated in these Terms or as separately accepted by you. Any personal data which you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
27. By submitting an Entry you consent to the use of your personal information in accordance with these Terms and to Virgin.com and/or other Virgin Group companies contacting you regarding the Prize.
28. The Winner agrees to take part in all reasonable competition-related publicity as requested by Virgin.com. Virgin.com may require additional information from the Winner in order for the Winner to enjoy the Prize. If the Winner does not provide this information within a reasonable time after Virgin.com’s request, Virgin.com reserves the right to withdraw the Prize without further notice. Virgin.com accepts no responsibility for any loss (including disappointment and/or the inability to enjoy a Prize) caused by the Winner’s failure to provide such information.
29. Virgin.com may also contact you by email about Virgin.com activities and news. You may unsubscribe from any such communication at any time by notifying us via http://www.virgin.com/.
30. No Virgin Group company shall be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by (but not limited to) weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, volcanic eruption, earthquake, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion or any other circumstances beyond the control of that Virgin Group company.
31. This competition is governed by English law and any dispute arising from this competition shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
32. A copy of these Terms may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Virgin.com at its address set out above.