Boo: top 5 travel tips
- By Jack Preston -
- Nov 12, 2012
Virgin America’s Pet Liaison Office, Boo, has been handing out some handy travel tips to the airline’s frequent flyers.
“Since I finished my second book, I’ve realized the importance of comfy travel. If you’ve read my books, you know I live a pretty comfortable life, but there are always a lot of things on my mind when I travel,” explained Boo.
“Did human pack our treats? Did I remember to bring my brown shirt? Will human remember to take us out of our carriers before she sends them through the x-ray machines?”
Check out Boo’s top five travel tips below, alternatively find out more over at Virgin America’s Flyer Feed.
• Dress comfortably, without sacrificing your personal style. You never know what exciting plans might develop at your destination. Personally, I opt for a red cotton hoodie. It’s versatile enough to suit various weather conditions, and it says both “sporty” and “savvy.”
• Put some care into your carrier. Aside from your human, your carrier should be your closest travel companion. Roll out an area rug or hang some wall décor that makes you want to hang out and relax. Consider a water feature.
• Zip it, but don’t forget to brush. It’s important to remain in your carrier, all zipped up, for takeoff and landing. However, it is equally important to have a brush on hand to avoid any awkward bed-head situations in photos.
• Hydration, hydration, hydration. Don’t let your coif suffer from high-altitude dryness. Bring a pet-friendly water bottle for easy in-flight lapping.
• Be kind to your human. Between you and your human, you might be the adorable one, but she’s the one with opposable thumbs. Remember where your next snack is coming from, my pups.