Be Richard’s guest in New York at the ultimate Virgin Atlantic party
- By Greg Rose -
- Feb 27, 2012
Richard Branson is looking for Twitter followers who want to be his guest at the ultimate launch party for Virgin Atlantic’s exclusive new Clubhouse! The party will take place at JFK Airport on Monday, March 5th and you could be there with Richard Branson.
This Uptown Manhattan-themed space is a private members club for our Upper Class passengers. It’s also the airline’s premier new Clubhouse for Virgin Atlantic passengers in North America.
To celebrate, we’re having a contest to determine three finalists who will be invited to participate in a treasure hunt to find several of Richard’s favourite Uptown NY attractions, landmarks or otherwise interesting locations. To qualify you must reside within the five boroughs of New York City and be willing to go on a treasure hunt in Manhattan for a few hours on March 5th. You’ll be looking for Richard’s favourites and, finally, Virgin Atlantic cabin crew who will have one invitation to the ultimate party at the JFK Clubhouse.
To get started, tweet @richardbranson, in 140 characters or less, what you love about Uptown Manhattan. Or what Uptown NY means to you. Feel free to tweet a picture. Go ahead and be creative! Tag your tweet with #JFKClubhouse.
If you are interested, here are details you need to know. Good luck!
- Begins on Monday, February 27th at 9:00 a.m. and ends on Friday, March 2nd at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- On Friday, March 2nd Richard will choose 3 finalists who have tweeted the best entries based on originality and creativity.
- The 3 finalists will be invited by Richard to participate in a Google+ Hangout to be held on March 5th, which he will host from the JFK Clubhouse.
- The finalists will attend the Hangout together at a Manhattan location in order to receive the same instructions in the same environment to ensure fairness.
- In the Google+ Hangout, Richard will give the finalists clues to finding his favourite Uptown attractions/landmarks/something else that is Uptown in nature.
- Each finalist can physically bring one guest to the Google+ Hangout and have that person along on the treasure hunt to snap your picture at each location, to be tweeted as proof that you’ve been there.
- We encourage you to get your personal social networks involved in giving you clues.
- The finalist who is the first to find the invitation to the JFK Clubhouse launch party after finding all other treasure hunt locations will be whisked away in a limo from that location - with their guest - to the airport to meet Richard…and party the night away!
- In addition to meeting Richard and being a guest at a fabulous party, the winner will receive 2 Premium Economy round trip tickets between JFK and London plus Clubhouse access before your trip so you can fully enjoy the amenities offered to Virgin Atlantic elite passengers!
How to Enter:
- Follow @VirginAtlantic, follow @richardbranson – and tweet him your submission with the hashtag #JFKClubhouse.
- Follow Richard Branson on Google+. You must be a Google+ member to participate in the Hangout.
- Check the terms and conditions before submitting your entry.
- Send your submission by Friday, March 2nd at 12:01 a.m. U.S. Eastern Standard Time.
- Qualifying submissions must be from individuals who reside in the five boroughs of New York City so that they will be able to participate in the contest and attend the party as Richard’s guest.
Terms and Conditions:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
2. The winner who finds Richard’s invitation to the launch party will receive two places on a VIP trip to London from JFK Airport on Virgin Atlantic.
3. The round trip tickets can be used during the period specified by Virgin Atlantic in a Prize Letter. Hotel or other ground accommodations will not be provided. All other expenses will be the responsibility of the winner.
4. Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy class flights will be provided to the winner and a guest for both legs of the journey and cannot be upgraded to another class of service.
5. The VIP trip is equal to the retail value of the airfare, which could be up to $8,000 depending on time of booking. This amount would be considered by the IRS to be taxable income. Virgin Atlantic will issue IRS Form 1099 to the winner.
6. The offer is restricted to U.S. recipients in the five boroughs of New York City.
7. The winner and guest must be age 21 or over to be eligible.
8. The winner and guest will be entirely responsible for their own passport, valid travel authorization, visa and insurance requirements. They will ensure they have the necessary documentation to enter the United Kingdom and re-enter the United States.
9. Submissions must be received by March 2nd, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. No submissions whatsoever received after this time will be considered.
10. Submission must be made to Richard Branson’s official presence on Twitter (http://twitter.com/richardbranson; @richardbranson) and contain the hashtag phrase '#JFKClubhouse' in order to be identified. You must also follow the Virgin Atlantic Twitter account so we can contact you about your flights.
11. You may send more than one tweet, however, only one entry will be considered per person. Any person found to be submitting unsolicited bulk messages (i.e. spam) will be disqualified.
12. Entries will not be acknowledged upon submission.
13. On March 2nd 3 finalists will be selected based on their Twitter submissions. The selections are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
14. Direct Messages via Twitter will be sent to the 3 finalists and announced on the Virgin Atlantic Twitter stream and on Richard Branson’s Twitter and Google+ pages.
15. By submitting an entry, and if chosen as a finalist, you understand that you are entering at your own risk a physical competition requiring travel around Manhattan.
16. As finalists taking part in the contest on March 5th in New York City, we expect you to actively share your experience while searching for Richard’s favourites in Uptown Manhattan. We also encourage you to get your personal social networks involved in giving you clues and helping you along.
17. Finalists will check in to each location on the treasure hunt by having a recognizable picture taken with the location as backdrop, and then tweeted with the hashtag #JFKClubhouse.
18. Finalists will be required to submit a picture ID for themselves and their guest on March 2nd so that the eventual winner and guest are cleared by airport security to attend the party at the JFK Clubhouse on March 5th.
19. Submissions are not open to employees of Virgin Atlantic or any companies or agencies and families directly connected with the creation and administration of this promotion.
20. The travel and tickets specified are only valid on the JFK to London route operated by Virgin Atlantic and are non-transferable to any other airline, including any of Virgin Atlantic’s codeshare partners.
21. This prize is not transferable and cannot be sold, bartered or substituted.
22. No Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles will be awarded for this trip.
23. The winner will abide by and be subject to Virgin Atlantic’s published Conditions of Carriage, which are available from any Virgin Atlantic office. Virgin Atlantic flight schedules are subject to change without notice.
23. In the event of an infringement of these Terms & Conditions or Virgin Atlantic’s Conditions of Carriage by the winner, Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to withdraw the offer or the right to further tickets.
24. Once a booking has been confirmed no changes are permitted. If a booking is cancelled, no alternative will be issued and no compensation and/or refund will be made available. Furthermore, if the offer is not redeemed, no alternative tickets will be issued and no compensation will be provided.
25. The winner accepts the offer at his or her own risk.
26. This offer may not be used in conjunction with any promotion or promotional fare mounted by Virgin Atlantic or any third party.
27. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend these Terms or to withdraw or cancel this offer at any time and without notice.
28. By submitting your entry you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the 'Terms') and the terms and conditions which are cross-referenced in these Terms.
29. By entering this competition the Prize Winner gives consent for Virgin Atlantic to publish his or her name in association with the competition in any and all forms of media. The Prize Winner shall also participate in such publicity or promotional activity and material relating to the competition as Virgin Atlantic may reasonably require.
30. In consideration of Virgin Atlantic agreeing to consider entrants to the competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Virgin Atlantic (and third parties authorized by Virgin Atlantic) may, at its sole discretion, make any and all Entries available on the Virgin Atlantic Facebook Page and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and that Entries may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship. Each entrant grants Virgin Atlantic (and third parties authorized by Virgin Atlantic) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or edit, alter, store and re-format their Entry for such purposes.
31. Virgin Atlantic will not be responsible for any technical fault or failure that prevents a person from submitting an entry.
32. Virgin Atlantic takes no responsibility for any submissions that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
33. Entries may be rejected at the sole discretion of Virgin Atlantic for, including but not limited to, reasons of obscenity, defamation, invasion of privacy or infringement of the rights of any third party.
35. By submitting an entry, the winner agrees that Virgin Atlantic shall be permitted to notify third parties on request, the name and area of residence of the winner.
36. This offer is made by Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd., US HQ, 75 North Water St., Norwalk, CT 06854.