Watching the pennies
One of the fundamental pillars of sustainability and a sustainable lifestyle is to have a healthy economy and hence, a healthy banking system. We see rebuilding the trust of customers and consumers of paramount importance to a stable and well functioning financial services industry. This is clearly a major challenge but we believe one that can be met and where new market participants and trusted brands can play an important role. Virgin Money believes that it can help to restore trust.
Sound management of personal finances is core to our wellbeing and a sustainable lifestyle. Financial services companies have a fundamental role to play in providing guidance and supporting responsible financial management. Virgin Money is focused on developing new services to support customers to do just that; helping to build a financial services business that is trusted by consumers through its simple and straightforward approach of aiming to make everyone better off; customers, society, staff, partners and shareholders.
Our companies' approach
- Virgin Money offers products and services that put its customers in control. Virgin Money UK offers a market-leading Balance Transfer credit card that has helped over two million customers manage their credit card borrowing repayments as well as a pre-paid Mastercard that allows customers to budget easily.
- Virgin Money helps customers to save and invest for the future. Its pension plan was revolutionary when launched in 1996 and offers unprecedented flexibility, a simple charging structure and straightforward processes.
- Virgin Money's Climate Change Fund ISA invests in selected businesses (predominantly in the UK and Europe) that aim to drive outstanding profit growth and have a lighter environmental footprint.
- Virgin Money offers products and services that help raise more money for charities, from support for charities in the London Marathon to responsible investment.
- The Virgin Green Fund has invested in ten companies focused on renewable energy and resource efficiency.
- Virgin has pledged to help London Marathon runners raise more than a quarter of a billion pounds over the next five years through its VirginMoneyGiving site which by simply covering its operational costs, ensures more money is directed to the benefiting charities
- Virgin Green Fund is a private equity fund that has raised in excess of $200 million US to date.
To find out more information on what we are doing click here
Virgin Money Australia: The Couch Project
Virgin Green Fund: Meet Quench CEO Anthony Ibarguen
Virgin Money: Cycling makes its mark as Mark gets slim
Virgin Money Giving: East Africa food crisis emergency appeal
Virgin Money: Bank of America ranked first among financial institutions
Virgin Money: Play Virgin Money Giving Ballstick game!
Virgin Green Fund: GreenRoad rolled out at UK bus company
Virgin Money: Virgin Money at the Start Garden Party
Virgin Money: Virgin Money Giving making great runs £1 million greater
Virgin Money: Charities should maximise Gift Aid urges Virgin Money Giving
Virgin Green Fund: Virgin Green Fund adds new partner
Virgin Money: Virgin Money revamps environmental web site