BFI opens its doors to budding film-makers
- By Jack Preston -
- Oct 25, 2012
Calling all film fans! Virgin Media Shorts are inviting budding film-makers to head down to BFI Southbank on Thursday November 8th, in order to load their brain with top tips and advice from film industry experts.
This year for the first time ever, Shorts are opening the doors of the British Film Institute and putting on a bumper crop of panel sessions aimed at helping everyone become the best film maker they can be.
The free sessions will be attended by industry experts, including figures from both the British Council and London Film Festival. To attend all you need to do is register, once you have done so you’ll have the chance of winning tickets to the Shorts Awards. Simply by tweeting @VMShorts, via the #VMShortsSessions hashtag, with the session you’re attending you’ll be entered into the draw.
The sessions taking place at BFI are as follows:
1. The writer / director dynamic
2. From Script to Screen - a guide to getting your Short made
3. Making your film successful – the secrets of distribution and exhibition
4. Case Study: Virgin Media Shorts winner Luke Snellin
5. Beyond Shorts: from Short Film to feature
For more information, head over to Virgin Media Shorts.
Image from BFI