Last-minute marathon fundraising tips
- By Jack Preston -
- Apr 17, 2012
There’s only five days left until the Virgin London Marathon is upon us, meaning that those of you participating will have probably completed the bulk of your training in order to focus on remaining injury free for the race of your lives.
While you’re resting up there’s still work to be done however, with vital fundraising miles still to be put in. For those of you who’d like to raise more and give as much as possible to your chosen charity, Virgin Money Giving has come up with a number of tips to give your fundraising page that final push:
- Use this week to give your page that final push, last year saw a big increase in donations in the days leading up to the marathon.
- Send out reminders to friends and family.
- Put alerts out via email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Let people know how much you’ve raised and what your target is, give them an extra reason to donate and let them know every penny counts.
- Put out some updates on your training on your page, making everyone aware of all the hard work you’ve put in.
For more tips head over to Virgin Money Giving and if you’re taking part on Sunday – best of luck!