Become a Virgin.com guest blogger
- By Greg Rose -
- Nov 04, 2011
Welcome to guest blogging at Virgin.com! We are still looking to recruit new guest bloggers to join our growing team of expert bloggers on music, entrepreneurship, travel and more...
This is your chance to be part of our site. Do you have what it takes to write for Virgin? Want to win some great prizes in the process? Then you could become a Virgin.com guest blogger.
We’re looking for guest bloggers to help fill our site with interesting and informative articles and opinions. We want original, exciting and interesting posts on any of the many areas covered by the Virgin brand, from personal experiences to news and reviews.
We particularly like: stuff that hasn't been done a hundred times before (please), list posts done creatively, artwork, photos, infographics, videos, anything topical, repeat posters (we'll be introducing rewards for top contributors), funny writing, genuinely useful and interesting content, things that make you go 'ooh'. We know you can do it!
‘That’s all very well’ you may be thinking, ‘but what’s in it for me?’ Well, if the kudos of writing for Virgin wasn’t enough for you, we will link back to your own blog and/or Twitter profile from your author’s signature and all our bloggers will get an ‘official’ Virgin.com Bloggers Badge to show that you have submitted content that’s been published on our site. We’ll also be running competitions with some very exclusive prizes for our best bloggers, so keep your eyes peeled.
What's more, you'll be joining Richard Branson in being a blogger for Virgin.com - fine company we hope you'll agree.
There’s a style guide and a few pointers below for you to get an idea of what we are after so have a read and let your imagination go wild. Just go to Become An Author to submit your ideas and we’ll get right back to you.
Guest Blogging Rules
So you’re thinking of writing a guest blog for Virgin.com? That’s great! But before you begin here’s a few dos and don’ts that we want you to bear in mind.
1) Virgin.com is a family-friendly site so please, won’t somebody think of the children? As a result the following will not be tolerated:
• Intolerant or offensive views or language
• Graphic sexual references
2) We’re all friends here so there’s no need to get personal. Sometimes something is so terrible you’ve just got to give it a bad review, and we understand that, but anything that could be deemed an outright attack on an individual or organisation is not acceptable.
3) Okay so maybe you have a particular favourite brand of cola (What? Not Virgin?), but we don’t need to hear about it in every other sentence. No overt product placement please.
4) And on a similar note we know that spam is more than just a delicious luncheon meat, so please don’t stuff your post full of links we have to remove.
5) On the other hand, we understand that you’ve put time and effort into writing a quality blog for us and you deserve some credit, so we are more than happy to allow a link to your blog and/or your Twitter page in your author bio.
6) This is about allowing bloggers to show their work and gain exposure, so unfortunately we can't allow links to corporate/sales sites.
7) As companies go you’ve got to admit that Virgin is a true original and therefore we like original copy, so please don’t go trying to palm us off with duplicate content, because we’ll be checking for plagiarism and cross posting. Not only will offenders not have their posts published, but we will frown disapprovingly, which gives us wrinkles, and nobody wants that.
8) Much as we all like a good gossip, what we don’t like are expensive libel actions. Please don’t make any statements you can’t back up, and if you do state anything outrageous expect us to ask you to prove it.
9) The Editor’s decision is final, that’s why he’s the Editor.
Get in touch with us at Become An Author to join the guest blogger gang.