Why we do what we do
Our aim is to make a real difference to peoples’ lives by offering health and social care services that are:
- free and accessible;
- better than what went before;
- focused on both staff and user experience; and
- better value for the NHS.
We understand that it’s our people who make us who we are, and it’s about how together we can make a difference.
Where would I expect to see Virgin Care?
We operate over 275 NHS and social care services across the country across three broad service types:
- Primary care services: GP practices, urgent care centres, minor injury units and walk-in centres
- Intermediate care services: usually services that your GP refers you for such as audiology, dermatology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, back and joint pain, ENT, ultrasound (to name a few)
- Community services: wheelchair services, prison healthcare, sexual health, community hospitals, neuro-rehabilitation, frail/elderly care, health visiting, district nursing, services for children with complex mental, physical and sensory learning difficulties, end of life care
Some of our key services
- Children’s health and social care services: we run children’s services across parts of Devon and Surrey
- Community services: we run community services across north west and south west Surrey
- Sexual health: we run sexual health services in Milton Keynes, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, Oldham Surrey, Teesside and Surrey
- Prison health: we run five prison healthcare services across Surrey and Oxfordshire