We provide front line NHS and social care services across the country. Since 2006 we’ve treated more than four million people providing care good enough for our families.
Our aim is to make a real difference to peoples’ lives by offering NHS and social care services that are:
Free at the point of need;
Better than what went before;
A great experience for everyone; and
Better value for the public and the NHS.
We understand that it’s our people living our values that makes us who we are, and it’s about how together we can make a difference.
Hear more about Virgin Care from Richard Branson and Bart Johnson here.
Where would I expect to see Virgin Care?
We operate over 230 NHS and social care services throughout the country across three broad service types:
- Primary care services - GP practices, urgent care centres, minor injury units and walk-in centres
- Intermediate care services - usually services that your GP refers you for such as audiology, dermatology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, back and joint pain, ENT, ultrasound (to name a few)
- Community services - wheelchair services, prison healthcare, sexual health, community hospitals, neuro-rehabilitation, frail/elderly care, health visiting, district nursing, services for children with complex mental, physical and sensory learning difficulties, end of life care
Some of our key services:
- Children and young people’s health and social care services - we run children’s services across parts of Devon and Surrey
- Community services - we run community services across north west and south west Surrey
- Sexual health - we run sexual health services in Milton Keynes, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, Oldham, Teesside and Surrey
- Prison healthcare - we run six prison healthcare services across Surrey, Oxfordshire and Norfolk
We’re constantly looking for ways we can provide better care by challenging how things have been done before if they’re not working.
We listen to our teams and the people using our services and many of our innovations, both large and small, have come as a direct result of this. This different approach and promise to provide care good enough for our families are about making a real difference in people’s lives − the Virgin Care difference.
Here are some of the ways we’re changing things for good:
Changing the way we work: Community Nursing
A multi-million pound investment in mobile technology and a new way of working designed by our community nurses in Surrey is giving them more face to face time with patients and making care safer. Read the full story here.
Adding magic touches to experience: Community Hospitals
We’ve introduced new welcome packs for inpatients at our community hospitals to make their stay more comfortable and give their families peace of mind. Read the full story here.
Virtual queuing: Sexual Health Milton Keynes
A virtual queuing system, which allows people to leave our sexual health clinic while waiting thanks to web and SMS updates, has improved wait times and made people more comfortable about using the service. Read the full story